Pigment

Written around July 2000

This tune is a fuster-cluck of highschool half-truths and remembrances. Heavily influenced by Self—the band not the magazine.

Immature, insecure and all the while
Maintaining counter-culture cool
Seduced and became of social significance
Still managing to retain the same eyes, the same thighs
Acquiring a new life with a finger on the mute switch

Don’t mind me I’m just a fixture of the imagination
And a pigment of youth still trying to detain you

Premature, insincere are all the smiles
Refraining an unspoken rule
Produced to create a social omniscient
Willing to relate that
We aren’t as deep as we all pretend to be
But the words go unspoken

Don’t mind me I’m just a fixture of the imagination
And a pigment of youth still trying to detain you

Immature, insecure and all the while
Maintaining counter-culture cool…

Don’t mind me I’m just a fixture of the imagination
And a pigment of youth still trying to detain you.

Download Pigment

Downloaded 1600 times

The Other FIR / Protected CSS
Hot like Wasabi
February 17th, 2004 at 11:54 pm
Original Music
Comments

Nice Music overall and nice site.

Denis
Feb 24th, 2004 1:55 pm

Sweet man, thanks!

Mar 26th, 2004 8:43 am

Very good, I like the guitar, but the chorus seems a little too broken up to me. I think if you made it a little different in the last verse and held out “Youth” with power in that same chord for the whole rest then it would give it a little more energy and continuity. But that’s just me the musician nitpicking. Great lyrics and good music. Keep it up.

Tristan
Apr 11th, 2004 11:39 pm

Awesome tune man. I really dug the stop start feel. Really added a lot to the emotional context of the song. I can forgive the quality of these demos and see past that minor detail to some really well written songs and some fantastic arranging. I’d love to hear what you’d come up with in a full featured studio. Keep it up!

-Yeti.

Yeti
Apr 29th, 2004 4:30 pm

There’s noting I like seeing more than … whoa, it’s rendering what I type down there. That’s SWEET! Helloooooooo. Yo. Hey! It’s typing everything I type and typing it just as fast as I type! Cool.

Anyway, as I was saying, there’s nothing I like seeing more than a beautifully designed website, without the filth of pop-culture or trend all over it. Your site makes me smile. Your music is great, too. This song, in particular, deserves a production session with some kick-a drums.

S.

Sean
May 14th, 2004 1:27 pm

i found your webpages thru alta vista searching for music. and i stamble upon your page so i thought i comment that your songs are all great :) i’ll bookmark this page most definitely

Niana

Niana
Jul 23rd, 2004 10:29 am

I finally bothered to download and listen to one of your tracks.

Very very nice, sir! I look forward to the EP. :)

Seth Thomas Rasmussen
Jan 21st, 2005 12:30 pm

Let me know if you ever want to start a MusicOlouge. If you use pro-tools I would be happy to add some tracks here and there. I like your style! Nice work.

Joel Mandell